Application for Architectural Review
Please 1) email your application to the Chairman of the Architectural Control Committee (email@example.com), or 2) hand deliver the application to the Chairman. . Electronic versions of photos and plans, attached to your email, are preferred. Please read How to Get ACC Approval for Your Renovation Project before submission. You do not need to submit the "Architectural Review Guidelines" part (below) with your application. You must have ACC approval before you begin the project. Before investing money in any structures, major landscaping or recreational or other uses of your property, you should also consult Article 10 of the Fairfax County Ordinance, Accessory Uses, Accessory Service Uses and Home Occupations. You can cut and paste the following into your email to the Chairman, ACC.
Today's Date :
Email Address :
Proposed Start Date (Must be at least 30 days past the date received by the ACC) :
Expected Completion Date :
Project Description :
I understand that the HFCA has thirty (30) days to deny or request additional information on this application or, in accordance with the HFCA covenants, the application will be considered approved. I further understand that the thirty (30) day period will commence upon HFCA’s receipt of this application or upon receipt of all additional information requested by the HFCA and that I may not start construction until approval is received.
Architectural Review Guidelines
Projects that do not alter the outward appearance of structures on your property DO NOT require review by the Architectural Control Committee, including:
· Repainting your home the same color and shade. Includes doors, storm doors, windows, storm windows, trim, gutters, and shutters.
· Replacing your roof with the same type, style, color and shade of shingles.
· Replacing your gutters with the same type, style, and color.
· Replacing your driveway or sidewalk in the same size and material type.
· Replacing your windows with the same color and shade and appearance and style. (i.e. six pane over six pane divided lites)
· Replacing a door with the same type style, color and shade. (Includes a garage door)
· Planting of flowers, shrubs, trees, or creating planting areas.
· Replacing your fence with the same style, height, and color and shade.
· Replacing a storage shed with the same type including size, materials, and color and shade.
· Installing a television antenna or satellite dish on your roof.
Examples of alterations or repairs that alter the outward appearance of structures on your property including, and DO require review by the Architectural Control Committee, include:
· Repainting your home a different color or shade.
· Includes doors, storm doors, windows, storm windows, trim, gutters, and shutters.
· Replacing your roof with other than the same style, type, and color or shade of shingles.
· Replacing your gutters with other than the same type, style, or color.
· Replacing your driveway or sidewalk with materials different than the original.
· Enlarging your driveway or sidewalk.
· Replacing your windows with other than the same color or shade or appearance and style. (i.e. installing a bay window)
· Replacing an entrance or garage door with other than the same size, type, color or shade. (i.e. steel with wood)
· Installing or replacing a fence with other than the same style, height, or color or shade. Includes painting a previously approved fence that was left natural.
· Constructing a storage shed, changing the color or shade of a previously approved shed, or painting a shed that was previously approved to be left natural.
· Replacing the siding on your home.
· Any additions to your home including room, garage, porch, or deck.
· Completely or partially enclosing a carport.
· Installing a permanent basketball hoop or any type of batting cage.
· Installing a “pole” light fixture.
· Installing storm windows or door.
· Installing any type of swimming pool or water garden.
· Installing a television antenna or satellite dish anywhere on your property other than on your roof.
If you are unsure whether your project needs review, please contact an ACC member.