Minutes of November 5, 2008 Annual Meeting
Hickory Farms Community Association
The meeting was called to order at 8:15 p.m.
1. The minutes of the October 29, 2007 HFCA annual meeting were approved.
2. The 2008 budget and 2009 proposed budget were distributed for review. Treasurer Jaime Gutierrez noted that in 2009 annual dues would need to be increased by $10 to $120 to allow for expected tree work. A homeowner made a motion to increase the dues by an additional $5 in an effort to keep the expected amount of dues stable for a few years. The motion was seconded and approved by the homeowners present, increasing dues for 2009 to $125.
Another homeowner moved to raise the penalty for late payment of dues to $25. The motion was seconded and carried.
3. Grounds chair Rich Dudley gave an update on grounds issues. He noted that the new lawn service, Greenleaf, has taken over care of the common lands and has committed to continuing its work for the Association next year at the same price. He noted that some tree removal and other tree work was done this year, and more will likely need to be done next year. He has also begun to seek bids from asphalt companies to patch specific areas of asphalt in the lower commons and on the northern path.
4. Board member Bilal Sayyed noted that as the trees in the common lands of Hickory Farms are aging, questions have begun to arise regarding what the HFCA ongoing policy should be with respect to the maintenance or removal of trees that border homeowners' property. The Board has received conflicting advice from different sources. Mr. Sayyed offered to form a small committee to research the Association's legal responsibilities and how other similar communities are approaching this issue and asked for volunteers to join the committee.
5. Kirk Randall noted that was acting Chairman of the Architectural Control Committee and that the ACC is seeking a new chairman.
6. The following 2008 Board members are stepping down:
7. The following people volunteered for the 2008 Board:
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 p.m.