Why a Strategic Plan?
A Strategic Plan establishes common goals and objectives that guide the board/leadership and unites the community. It helps drive direction, identify resources needed for up keep and improvements in the community.
- Strategic Planning provides clarity, direction and focus
- Drives Alignment
- Creates an opportunity for discussion on the direction
- Promotes open and creative exchange of ideas, including resolving disputes and working out effective solutions
- Communicates our Message
- Serves as a communications vehicle for what must be done to create short and long term sustainability
- Makes the Board's actions more consistent
- Schedules projects in a proactive manner to take advantage of pricing opportunities and timing
- Place decisions required for implementation on an annual calendar to have adequate time to prepare
- Allocates resources strategically to meet members needs.
Continue to be a community that offers an inspiring lifestyle, a good quality of life and a safe environment. A community that maintains its desirability as a place in which to live and enjoy the benefits of family, friends and community.
To enhance and preserve the community’s quality of life and sense of community through effective and efficient management of the Association through the compliance of the rules and covenants. To maintain and improve property values, support initiatives and capital improvements that benefits the greater good of the community. To restore and preserve the wildlife habitats in our common areas.
- Community participation
- Respect for our Governing documents
- Sense of community
Greatest Community Assets
- 20+ Acres of Common Areas
- 11 Acres of which is Resource Protected
- Walking Trails
- Open Mowed Fields
- Forested Areas
- Creek and Wildlife Habitats
- 45% of Properties back up to common areas
- Community activities and events
- Near shopping and restaurants
- Fairfax Swimming pool, Osher Lifelong Learning Institute & Green Acres Center within walking distance
- Woodson pyramid school district
- Convenient to Metro, VRE, the Beltway, Fairfax County Parkway, Fairfax City, Dulles and Reagan National Airports and Washington, DC
- Close proximity to George Mason University
A Strategic Plan is never complete. It's a work-in-progress that keeps you on track to achieve your goals. It helps the board keep and eye on the future of the community.
Homeowners feedback is crucial.
Last Update: February 05, 2021