HFCA Board Meeting Minutes
January 14, 2020
Location: 10110 Round Top Ct
Time: 7:30 – 9:35pm
Chuck Stewart, Jim Bever, Melissa Stark, Bill Berg, Kirk Randall, Pam Barrett, Telah Jackson and new member Kathie Schmidt
Meeting was called to order by President Chuck Stewart
- 3rd Friday of each month, articles are due for the newsletter to Bill.
- Minutes from December Board meeting on hold.
- Still looking for a VP - discussion on the role and what the board is looking for in the position.
New Business/Open discussion
Braddock District Council - Neighborhood College – speaking & presentation. Details on the event includes:
- Programs by the supervisor’s office.
- Free, no cost for board members.
- Opportunity to meet and talk with other HOA members.
- Meet police & Fire personal to express concerns.
- Provide information on how the county works.
- Should we download files from Yahoo? – No, we don’t need the information.
- Discussion on the current website and the updated website that will be launch soon.
- Discussion on the Listserv and how to join.
- Bob Cosgriff is the chair and is working with Melissa on this.
- We may need to have a discuss with Supervisor Walkinshaw on the topic of safety at Robert Road. Additional discussion on the issues and safety at the entrance of Roberts Road.
New Website and PayPal
- Credit card link on the website has been increased to $300 to include the late fee.
- Only 2 people haven’t paid.
- It has been re-numbered.Some of our paragraphs were based on old numbers.It has all been changed to reflect the new number.
Rules – Key areas in charging fee for Disclosure package
- Will the disclosure fee have a link on the website so it can be paid via PayPal?
- Info sent to Bryan to be updated and added.
- Discussion on the fees required for the packages and the changes in the legislation.
Standing Agenda Items
- Annual assessments going well – Review of assessments and new members
- 22 PayPal payments totaling $5,500
- $43,500 in checks
- 196 checks deposited for a total of $49,000 for this year
- Interested is boosting the PayPal participation next year
- The Board reviewed budget/account spreadsheets via handouts
- 1 item left - Fall leaf blowing in December. They didn’t do the work and we weren’t charged.
- New bird boxes have been installed.They should last 5 years
- Saved 7 current post and painted them black
- Target the end of Feb. for all boxes to be installed
- Warning for Rabbit Run signs will go up
- Cotton Farm – Rabbit Run @ end of black path
- One before bridge #5 – placed on a driven post
- 2020 Committee
- Roles to walk the commons, check trees, check for cleaning $ vines that need to be taken down.
- Helping make decisions such as landscaping company.
- They will also discuss spring planting – meadows, upper & lower commons
- Main island in lower commons – try to decrease erosion in that area.
- Chuck will follow up
- 1 property since last meeting to request package.
- Discussion on the house in the RPA and their new replacement shed.
- 1 request for a play structure – how do we handle this?
- Debbie will talk to Michael Stuart about the traffic issues and request an officer at the bus stops.
- No report on neighborhood watch
- The committee will focus on 3 projects for the next three months
- Sidewalks, curbs, repave roads and street safety
- Creating a branding guide
- Good neighbor program
- Meeting scheduled with Bob Cosgriff for Feb. 1st. Bob has agreed to advise us on working with the county on the sidewalks, curbs, repave roads and street safety projects.
- Meeting scheduled with Bryan Crabtree for Feb. 1st to discuss branding.
- Motion to elect Kathie
- 2nd and approved
- Kathie accepted the position as VP.
- Next meeting will be Feb. 11th – discussion on the date
- Motion to adjourn – 2nd and approved
Email votes by the Board
- Vote for TruGreen 2020 Weed control – vote passed on Jan 18th
- Vote for hiring Premium Lawn & Landscape for 2020 Common Areas maintenance service – passed Jan 31st.
- Board of Directors
- Governing Documents
- Architectural Control
- Annual Assessment
- Meeting Minutes
- Strategic Plan
- Contact Us