Hickory Farms

HFCA Board Meeting Minutes

January 11, 2022

Hickory Farms Community Association Board of Directors
January 11, 2022    7pm—9:00 pm
Virtual Meeting via Skype 7:00

Attendance: Sean Coleman – President; Jim Bever - Vice President (7:45 arrival); Carlie Mensen - Secretary; Ken Sorg – Treasurer; Melissa Stark - Common Area Coordinator; Telah Jackson - Member-at-Large, Pam Barrett – ACC, William Berg - Member-at-Large, Angela Turner - Homeowner

  • Call to order, roll call, and appointment of new board positions for 2022.
  • Motion to place the following through April 2022: Sean -- President; Jim -- Vice President; Carlie -- Secretary; Melissa -- CAC; Pam -- ACC Chair; Ken -- Treasurer; Telah -- At Large; Bill Berg – At Large (Newsletter); Meredith Perkins and Sarah Tropiano -- Social Committee by Sean, 2nd by Telah – all vote yes, approved
  • Motion to approve the November 2021 Minutes by Melissa, 2nd by Telah – all vote yes, approved
  • School Districting Presentation by Angela Turner
    • Board will continue to monitor how potential redistricting may affect our community
  • Letter to County regarding 4339 Farm House Lane pathway– 
    • Received a response that the county responsible for the water drainage both below and above the ground. Once confirmed in writing we can remove this from our reserve study.
  • Friends of Tree Award Winner – pending update regarding the video that will likely be taking in spring.
  • Motion to move forward with the Neighborhood Electronics Recycling event led by Sean – Motion by Sean, 2nd by Telah – all vote yes, approved
  • Common Areas – update on 2 votes passed on Slack and the commons area committee is currently evaluating some downed trees due to winter storms.
    • Slack Vote on January 4, 2022: Motion to go with CAS quote shared on Slack for our lawn & landscape maintenance in 2022 by Melissa, 2nd by Jim, 6 yes votes-approved
    • Slack Vote on December 27, 2021: Motion to continue to go with TruGreen in 2022 for our Common Areas lawn weed control, fertilizer and UC- Main Island weed treatment. This motion is for the following applications: Application 1 (Pre-Spring), Application 2 (Late Spring), Application 4 (Autumn) & 3 target application weed control in the main island. This budgeted expense will be in the amount of $3,050 and billed against the Common Areas - Maintenance BU by Melissa, 2nd by Jim, 6 yes votes-approved
  • Noted that the free version of Skype that was tested for this month’s meeting was preventing successful conversations due to feedback, disconnects, and distorted voices.
    • Motion to approve Zoom account not to exceed $300 by Carlie, 2nd by Telah, all vote yes-approved
  • Newsletter article due: 26th of January (always the last Wednesday of the month)
  • Branding Contract status – committee met with the design company Levinson Design and are working through final options. Some initial designs were shared on Slack.
  • Annual Dues plan / status – working through some logistical issues with payments
  • Lower Common Area path update by Jim – reviewed the 5 options developed by the Ad-hoc working group. They will start obtaining quotes for the 5 options and present the best options during a future meeting
  • Topics postponed due to technical issues with Skype conference line:
    • ACC Report on Inspections – postponed to February due to technical/logistical challenges
    • Demo of Polly Poll taking on Slack postponed due to virtual conference room technical issues –in the meantime send needed to votes to Carlie and she will create the poll
    • Social Committee Update
    • Planning Calendar Development/Draft sent by Sean via Slack – board to add comments on Slack until discussed at a future meeting.
  • Adjourn at 8:04