Hickory Farms

HFCA Board Meeting Minutes

May 11, 2021

Hickory Farms Community Association Board of Directors

May 11, 2021, 7pm—8:45pm

Virtual Meeting via Zoom

Attendance: Sean Coleman – President; Jim Bever - Vice President; Carlie Mensen - Secretary; Pam Barrett - ACC; Ken Sorg - Treasurer; Melissa Stark - Common Area Coordinator; Telah Jackson - Member-at-Large; Debbi Buchanan – Neighborhood Watch; William Berg – Member-at-Large, Newsletter Editor; Kathie Schmidt-Member-at-Large; Meredith Perkins – Social Committee 

Meeting Minute Approval

●      Approval of the April 13, 2021 Monthly Board Meeting Minutes – Motion by Pam, 2nd by Jim – All Approve; Approved

●      Approval of April 20, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes – Motion by Jim, 2nd by Telah – 1 Abstain, 9 Approve; Approved

Discussion of formal complaint process 

●      No discussion regarding email vote (see end of notes for details) to adopt the process provided by Sean and Kathie via email

Old Business 

●      Discussion of the logistics to follow through on prior vote to retain Moriarty as the new HFCA counsel. Sean to call Moriarty and Jim to send HFCA stationery to Jim.     

●      Per Board approval in April, it was reconfirmed that each Committee Chair is to designate a vice-chair whose email is to be included in the HFCA relevant listserv for that Committee, to provide a backup person responsible to act as needed on listserv messages.

Job description status

●      Motion to approve job status sent as part of the Agenda with exception of adding a VPOAA bullet to the VP, Treasurer, and ACC Chair at the next meeting. Motion by Carlie, 2nd by Jim, all approve; Approved

Code of Ethics ad hoc working group report

●      Motion to adopt by Ken, 2nd by Telah, All approve; Approved

Treasurer Reports

●      Bank statements were sent prior to the meeting for review. Discussion of following through on prior decision to allow the treasure to access bank accounts/statements electronically.

Social Committee-

●      Spring Fling Picnic with the Kona Ice Truck event on track

●      Starting to poll for Graduate interest in parade participation

●      Block Representatives initial meeting complete, email list will be shared with the Social Committee to assist with improving overall participation in the list-serv

●      A Board decision on timing for engagement of Block Reps to poll their respective neighbors about their “Opt In-Opt Out” choice for receiving or not receiving hard copy Newsletters would await July or August.

Neighborhood Watch

●      Debbie is resigning after years on the Board in order to move to a new home out of town,      Jim will hold the bag of materials until a replacement is selected.

Common Areas

●      Updates on mowing, tree planting (two may need replaced under warranty), weeds in the upper commons. Clean up events have not been well attended.


●      4322 Still Meadow Lane – application for the fence, discussion regarding alignment with the fence materials and HFCA Rules and Regulations (Restrictive Covenants)

●      4371 Harvester Lane – submitted an application after installation of driveway 

●      Spring Property Inspections are planned for June, possibly June 12-13.

●      ACC will again remind homeowners of Spring Property Inspections via the June Newsletter, hopefully with firm dates.

●      At least two more volunteers needed for Spring Property Inspections.          

Annual Meeting 

  • Booked at Green Acres for October 13.  Jim requested all BoD members arrive 30 minutes early and stay behind to help setup/breakdown.

Adjourn -Motion by Jim, 2nd by Telah; All approve

Email Votes between April 13th and May 11th meetings:

  • We adopt this latest version emailed on 4/21/21 from Sean (with Kathie's help) for our temporary Complaint process for us to share with our homeowners for their review and comments prior to us finalizing it. Motion by Jim, 2nd by Carlie, 8 yes votes, 2 no responses; Approved